Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Follow-Through

I don't know if you listened to the Presidents' speech tonight or not. I did, and would like to make a brief comment in regards to leadership (big surprise, right?). I actually thought it was a pretty good speech, for the most part. But, leadership is not about speeches as much as it is about follow-through.

President Obama, his cabinet and our Congress have a LOT of work to do to make good on all of his bold promises and rhetoric. I will admit that I did not vote for Obama (nor did I vote for McCain), but that is not the reason for my sentiments tonight. I make no apologies about the fact that I have some extremely large disagreements with the President idealogically, philosophically and otherwise, but that is also not what is promping my comments.

My comments stem from the fact that my thoughts immediately went to: "How is he (and others) going to get all of this done?" Empty words and promises are not what we need. We do not need cheerleading and passionately patriotice statements from the floor of the Capitol. We need men and women who are willing to do what they say they will do.

History will tell whether or not President Obama is a true leader, or just another talker.

And, how about you? Are you a leader or a talker? History will tell. I hope I can help along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment