Thursday, April 30, 2009

Can We Trust You?


I have been reading a lot about leadership and what makes leaders great. And, there is a lot to read on this subject. I have written about some of these things in detail over the last few months. But, this morning I have been thinking about the bottom line - not the bottom line of the income statement (profit), but the bottom line of what makes a great leader.

As I think back through all I have read and all the leaders I have personally admired the answer becomes pretty clear. The bottom line of leadership, the place where it all starts or fails is...TRUST.

If I don't trust you I am not going to follow you no matter how good you are at any of the other stuff. I'm not the not the only one. From what I read there are a lot of others who share my perspective.

Are you trustworthy? Can people believe what you say? Do your actions confirm or contradict your words?

What is one thing you can do today to build trust with those who are following your lead? Taking active steps in this direction could be the most important thing you have to work on in your leadership. Don't wait until tomorrow.

Seize the day!
http://www.joedenner.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment